SOLVED

Multiple Wait Steps in Flow

Go to solution
Chelsey_Davis
Level 3

Multiple Wait Steps in Flow

Hello,

I have an interesting scenario and I'm curious to see how others might approach this use case...

I'm trying to set up a campaign with 3 emails in the flow. 

Email 1 is sent after 3 days of being in a state of "Offline," Email 2 is sent after 10 total days, and email 3 is sent after 30 total days and then the user is actually removed from our program.

The tricky part is, people can come in and out of this "Offline" state, but if they come out, the whole campaign would need to start over for that user because it also starts over in our database to remove them.

I'm currently thinking of setting up a "check" every day with a wait step + remove from flow if they are no longer on this Offline smart list.

So, the campaign would be triggered off their state changing to an Offline status, then the flow would be:

Wait 1 day

Remove from flow if no longer a member of this smart list 

x 3 for 3 days

Send email 1

Wait 1 day

x 7 for 10 total days

Send email 2

Wait 1 day

x 20 for 30 total days

Send email 3

Change data value for "removed from program" on their contact record.

So, there are quite a few wait steps, but I feel like it's the only way to ensure they truly start over in the flow if they come "Online" for a couple of days, then back "Offline" before an email is sent.

Would anyone have a different approach to this?

Thanks!

Chelsey

---

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Multiple Wait Steps in Flow

Sure, please mark as Correct, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

This is what the Remove from Flow step is for. But run it from another SC when the condition is met. You absolutely should not have 30 Wait steps in this campaign.

Chelsey_Davis
Level 3

That definitely seems like a better solution and I did not think of that! I knew having so many wait steps was not the right way to go... 

So set up another SC that is triggered off the status changing to anything other than Offline and have the flow remove them from the original campaign. I might be able to batch it daily as well...

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, please mark as Correct, thanks.