SOLVED

Multiple SFDC custom object fields referencing same data field

Go to solution
Monica_Koran
Level 3

Multiple SFDC custom object fields referencing same data field

Good morning-

I have two SFDC custom objects that I am pulling into MKTO. These two SFDC objects reference the same data field (date/time field). Is it possible for MKTO to pull this data regardless of which object I reference or does it confuse the logic?

Basically my data isn't pulling the date/time field for either object so I was wondering if this was a downside to the MKTO/SFDC Sync.

Thanks and I hope this wasn't too confusing!

Monica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Price
Level 7

Re: Multiple SFDC custom object fields referencing same data field

Here are a few things that could cause an issue:

Is it a formula field? If so, this might explain it: How does Marketo see and pull data from Salesforce Formula Fields?

If it's not a formula field, check field permissions in SFDC / make sure it's visible to the Marketo sync user.

If you're working with custom objects and have recently added a field, you may need to refresh the custom object schema (this is within Marketo admin section).
Beware: you have to turn the SFDC sync off to then refresh the object schema so it's recommended to do it after hours if you do indeed need to do this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mark_Price
Level 7

Re: Multiple SFDC custom object fields referencing same data field

Here are a few things that could cause an issue:

Is it a formula field? If so, this might explain it: How does Marketo see and pull data from Salesforce Formula Fields?

If it's not a formula field, check field permissions in SFDC / make sure it's visible to the Marketo sync user.

If you're working with custom objects and have recently added a field, you may need to refresh the custom object schema (this is within Marketo admin section).
Beware: you have to turn the SFDC sync off to then refresh the object schema so it's recommended to do it after hours if you do indeed need to do this.