Re: Multiple Opportunities in SFDC - one Primary Contact?

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Multiple Opportunities in SFDC - one Primary Contact?

Hey Marketing Nation,

We send out automated alerts when an opportunity is closed. Closed Won, Closed Lost, and Closed No Decision. The alerts utilize tokens for Account Name, Account Owner, Opportunity Type, Opportunity Amount, Opportunity Created Date, Lost Opportunity Reason, and Lost Opportunity Reason Description.

We had a situation where there were three opportunities from the same account with the same Primary Contact. Two of those opportunities closed today. The alerts for the two closed opportunities showed the Opportunity Type, Opportunity Amount, Opportunity Created Date, Lost Opportunity Reason and Lost Opportunity Reason Description from the remaining open opportunity. Not the values for those fields on the actual opportunities that closed. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

Bonnie

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Bonnie,

these tokens are not standard fields nor tokens. Questions: are they {{lead. tokens, {{company. tokens or {{my. tokens ?

• If they are {{lead. or {{company., they are very likely computed in the CRM. In this case, you should turn to your CRM admin.
  • If they are {{my. tokens, they are velocity script tokens and you need to fix the way the velocity script is computed.

-Greg

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Thanks, Greg. The tokens in question are "my.tokens" and I'll investigate. At the end of the day, it might make more sense just to send these alerts via SFDC.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Bonnie,

yes, it would probably make a lot more sense to send the alerts from SFDC...

Greg