Re: Multiple Interesting Moment Fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Interesting Moment Fields

Looking for some input from the community.

Currently our Marketo instance is not synced to Salesforce so I am not able to pass over lead activity to sales.  Through some research in the community I see that others have overcome this gap by creating multiple interesting moments fields.  I'd like to build something similar in our instance and use these fields to capture lead activity to pass to sales in alerts.

A second part of this is I am working to build global interesting moment programs that pull information through the use of tokens.

My question is, should I create specific fields for interesting moment programs types, such as Interesting Moment Webinar, Interesting Moment Tradeshow, etc.  Or should I create IM1, IM2, IM3, etc.

The next question is what is the best way to build this flow so that the information that needs to be captured is passed along to the next blank interesting moment on the lead record?

If anyone could provide their insight or experience into this, I would greatly appreciate the help. 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

I would go with a rolling list not based on type, so LIM1, LIM2, LIM3, etc.

For how you accomplish this, you could set up a smart campaign triggered by "Has interesting moment" and then in the flow, you have change value steps for all your LIM fields. Each change value step would reference the previous one via tokens, like this:

LIM 3 = {{lead.LIM 2}}

LIM 2 = {{lead.LIM 1}}

LIM 1 = {{lead.Last Interesting Moment Desc}}

Just make sure to do them in reverse order so they write properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you so much, Matt!

I will let you know if I have any other questions on this.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also, be sure you create enough custom fields to accommodate lots of IMs (some of our leads have 25+).  Also, while somewhat related, vote this Idea up so that you have the ability to provide this level of reporting to your Sales teams:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt or Dan, would or did you create your fields as string fields?

Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, definitely string fields.  Text fields would be inefficient and not necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thank you both for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt and Dan -

Thank you for all your input, I am running into a couple of problems and thought I'd reach back out for clarification.  I have built a smart campaign that includes:

Smart List: Trigger "Has Interesting Moment" with the value as "Type = Is Not Empty"

Flow:  (I am only testing three values at this time)

Change Data Value

Attribute: LIM3     New Value: {{lead.LIM2}}

Change Data Value (separate flow action):

Attribute: LIM2     New Value: {{lead.LIM1}}

Change Data Value (separate again)

Attribute: LIM1     New Value: {{lead.last interesting moment desc}}

The flow is updating LIM1 from the Last Interesting Moment but LIM2 is not populating with LIM1 data when I complete another action.

Do I have everything set up okay?

Thank you for your help!

Christine

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

When you look at the results of the campaign, does it give any hints as to what's going wrong? Is there an error or anything like that? Can you take a screenshot of the results section for one of your tests?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt, I think I figured out part of the problem.  I had the schedule set to only allow leads to flow through one time versus every time.  When I changed this it populated the LIM2 field with the LIM1 value.

However, when I did an action that should be counted as an interesting moment again, the results tab is showing multiple lines of:

Change Data Value     Skipped 'Do Nothing' was set for this choice

Does that help?

Thank you again!