Re: Multiple Instance of a Single Form on a Single Landing Page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Instance of a Single Form on a Single Landing Page?

Hello all!

We've begun a process to standardize our forms, which means reducing the one-off forms and reusing them whenever applicable.  A scenario has just come up where a single landing page needs to contain 3 forms, each with a unique destination page upon submittal.  In order to keep with our standardization plans, we'd like to use the same form (if possible), as they're all requesting the same information.

Is it possible to have a single form used multiple times on the same page and how would we be able to identify which form a lead has filled out?  We typically use a constraint for the page location of the form, which I'm assuming wouldn't be the best solution here.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Jessica, using Forms 2.0 you can have a page redirect to one of three locations depending on a value of a certain field... For this, I would recommend a custom field on the form that would be your "differentiator" instead of having three forms. The follow up page would be dependent upon the value that someone chooses for the deciding field. 
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Hi Jessica,

To identify which form a lead has filled out, as the 3 follow up pages are different, you could create 3 campaigns or smartlists, one for each "form", with the filters "filled out form" and "visited web page"?

SmartList Form 1 =
filled out form [your form]
AND
visited web page [page 1]

Smartlist Form 2 =
AND
visited web page [page 2]

Smartlist Form 3 =
AND
visited web page [page 3]

Your campaings could attribute statuses or complete the appropriate field based on these smartlists.
Marie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory-

Thanks for the suggestion - we did think about this option, but based on the page layout itself and three very distinct CTAs, we're not able to combine them into a single form using a differentiator question.  I think we're going to end up needing 3 separate forms in order to keep each form-fillout (and subsequent program trigger) straight.

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marie-

Thanks for your suggestion as well.  We found out this morning that our Creative team does NOT want actual follow-up pages, but instead wants a general message displayed as a light-box after a form submission.  Based on the behavior of the page, I don't think that there's a way to ensure people are restricted to the correct program if we use a single form.

But again, I appreciate the suggestions from you and Dory!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Jessica, given these limitations, could you create the CTAs, and have the CTA lead to a separate form fillout page? This way you could utilize the filled out form on page filters.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could Dory- but for this particular page, we don't have control over functionality.  Users will see three links that will have lightbox forms behind them.  They fill out the form and then receive a generic confirmation message, but when the box closes, they're back on the original page.

This structure isn't conducive to our processes, so hopefully it's not a new norm for us!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hmmm. You might be able to use a "fills out form" trigger plus a "clicked link on web page" filter, and use the link that a person would have to click on each page to get the lightbox to pop up. Each of those should be a different link. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about that trigger as well, but if we have the scenario where it's a single form, and someone clicks 2 links, but only fills out one of the forms and abandons the other for whatever reason (entirely possible with our target group's historical behavior), I don't know how to keep them from entering both programs based on that logic.