SOLVED

Re: Multiple Domain Clarification-Help

Go to solution
Monica_Koran
Level 3

Multiple Domain Clarification-Help

So I have read, reread, rereread all the documentation in the community about having 2+ domains living in the same Marketo Instance and I cannot understand what I am missing.

I have requested a CNAME set up with my IT Dept and created a domain alias. (see below NEW CNAME/Alias):

pastedImage_0.png

But I am running into two issues:

1. When I go to build my LP for the unsub page (for the new domain), it still is pulling my original domain (and CNAME) and then when I try to do a redirect from there....I can't. (See below)

pastedImage_1.png

2. The other issue I am probably missing something on is: Can I track website behavior on both domains?  They are two seperate domains, but you can get to each domain from each domain.  I have added the tracking code to both domains, but it doesn't seem to be working.

As I mentioned, I am probably either missing something obvious, or I am not understanding something so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Monica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Monica,

Once you have set a domain alias, you do not need to create redirect rules for all pages.

The domain alias makes all your LPs available on both domains in Marketo. Therefore, your LP go.collegiseducation.com/CP_Unsubscribe.html becomes available with the URL go2.collegisprofessional.com/CP_Unsubscribe.html

There is no automated way to get an LP to display in 1 domain rather that in another.

This idea will give you a good overview on what is possible and what is not: . And please vote

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Monica,

Once you have set a domain alias, you do not need to create redirect rules for all pages.

The domain alias makes all your LPs available on both domains in Marketo. Therefore, your LP go.collegiseducation.com/CP_Unsubscribe.html becomes available with the URL go2.collegisprofessional.com/CP_Unsubscribe.html

There is no automated way to get an LP to display in 1 domain rather that in another.

This idea will give you a good overview on what is possible and what is not: . And please vote

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A zone apex (like collegisprofessional.com) *cannot* be used as a Domain Alias. You must use a subdomain (pages.collegisprofessional.com, etc.). This is a DNS rule, not a Marketo-specific rule.

When you have a Domain Alias, you don't use redirects, just go straight to the page under the new domain.