Re: Multiple Companies Email Blast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Companies Email Blast

I want to send an email to a certain role in a certain number of companies. Is there an easy way to create a smart list that can include all of the contacts within those companies in a certain role? Thanks
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

As long as each of those leads has that role and company name as attributes/fields then you can choose each as a filter when creating the smart list.  You could select multiple filters from the "Lead Attribute" section in order to grab the role/title and then all the companies you want.  It would look like this.

1. Job Title >is   >Job Title   (If the role is called something different in different companies, you'll want to add another job title filter)

2.Company Name >is  >Company Name

3. Company Name >is >Company Name

4. Company Name >is >Company Name

Then you'll want to use advanced filters and set it up like this 1 and (2 or 3 or 4) Etc.  Otherwise you're telling Marketo that you want someone with that title/role who works for all of those companies!  If there are multiple job titles it would look like this (1 or 2 or 3) and (4 or 5 or 6) with 1,2,3 being job titles, and 4,5,6 being Company Names.
Take note that you'll need to be choosing all of your filters from the Lead Attibute section.  There is a Company Attribute section that only works for company objects as opposed to Lead objects.

I hope this helps. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having trouble with the advanced filters section. So what would I put for the advanced filters if I want the Job title and the company ( I have about 60 or so companies). Thanks
John_Clark1
Level 10

You would want the job title as number one and then all of the company names to follow.  Then you'd set the advanced filters like this.
1 and (2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) etc
That's going to take every lead who has that job title AND one of the company names as attributes.