Multi sector subscription preference page set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi sector subscription preference page set up

I work for a multi national B2B company working acros multiple industrys.  Has anyone had any success in building a dynamic subscription preference page that shows the lead or customer different options dependent on their sector or earlier preferences i.e a subscription page that gears to someone who has been identified as working in Insurance or is this level of bespoke too hard to achieve?

Also is it possible to build a subscription page that gives them other options based on their original choices.  I.e if we have 100 different bits of content on offer we don;t want to give someone a list of 100 choices but say they click option 3 it then says would you also be interest in recieving information on options 55, 69 and 80?

I'm very new to this so any pointers in the right direction or shared experience would be hugely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Multi sector subscription preference page set up

Emma,

I've been working with a client on this situation. Generally I would say to keep it as simple as possible. offer people Channels if possible: Newsletter, Webinar, Events, Promos.

If you do have tons of variations, then you can try to build what you want:
  • If Then Choices do exist in Forms 2.0 and you can easily set that up. It's possible that your variations might work better if you had jquery and programmed it outside of Marketo using the API. If you actually have 100 different email possibilities, then I'd go with jquery. Marketo choice steps might be difficult to setup with that many.
  • Use Segmentations: if you have 10 personas, you could tell the page to display a different form for each, with a default form for anyone not identified properly. Doing it this way and having Choices, will allow you to use ONE LINK for your entire email system.
  • Setup separate pages for each persona, which will require separate Email Templates + Pages. Doable, could get messy eventually...because it requires your team to be diligent about using the right Template and naming schemes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multi sector subscription preference page set up

That's really helpful.  Thanks a lot for responding.