SOLVED

Moving engagement program with subprograms and members to another workspace

Go to solution
Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Moving engagement program with subprograms and members to another workspace

I am trying to move an existing engagement program to another workspace. I found trick on how to overcome the restriction on moving program with members here:

https://nation.marketo.com/blogs/marketowhisperer/2016/01/28/moving-a-program-with-members-to-a-new-...

Unfortunately the program I am trying to move is an engagement program that has several subprograms and Marketo does not allow me to move the program. I get an error message with links to local assets (such as emails) that are completely within the engagement program and its subprograms. Is moving programs that contain other programs not allowed between workspaces? Has anybody encountered this limitation and found solution?

I thought about cloning the subprograms from the engagement program, moving them individually and then re-assemble the engagement program in the new workspace, but that would be a lot of work and I would most likely loose some information, which would defeat the purpose of moving the program in the first place, not to mention high probability of introducing errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Moving engagement program with subprograms and members to another workspace

Hi Pavel,

I am afraid that there is no other solution. You will have to pay attention to inter-program references also. if program A references program B in a smart list or flow step, then you will never be able to move them.

Honestly, when we have faced this issue in the past, the outcome has always been to archive the source program once it's no longer used and recreate it in the target workspace.

Sorry for the bad news

-Greg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Moving engagement program with subprograms and members to another workspace

Hi Pavel,

I am afraid that there is no other solution. You will have to pay attention to inter-program references also. if program A references program B in a smart list or flow step, then you will never be able to move them.

Honestly, when we have faced this issue in the past, the outcome has always been to archive the source program once it's no longer used and recreate it in the target workspace.

Sorry for the bad news

-Greg