SOLVED

Re: Moving a Pre-existing Email Program into a Default Program

Go to solution
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Moving a Pre-existing Email Program into a Default Program

Hi,

I'm trying to move an email program into a default program (The email program was there before I built the default program). Marketo won't let me drag and drop this email program into the default program. However, within the default program I'm able to build a new email program, although I'm noticing that it's only available under a channel that's different from my initial email program (email nurture; newsletter vs. email send).

Can someone explain the rules Marketo must follow in order for an email program to be nested in a default program? We plan on sending simple e-blasts to same lead list so we thought this would be a good way to structure our programs moving forward.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kerlin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Tom, great question. Up until recently, you couldn't move any assets once they were created... and if you look way, way back, there was a time you couldn't even rename a folder!! That said, there now many assets that can be moved, and assets that can be created within each other. You can create email programs within programs, and you can create programs within engagement programs, but once these have been created originally they cannot be moved to within another. You can only move assets (emails, pages, forms) after they have been created.

To have nested email programs in programs, just be sure to create it within the program.

I think part of the reasoning for not being able to move these things is that all assets within a program are prepended with the program name, and you can have assets with the same name across all of your programs, but this could create a conflict if you moved something with the same name into an existing program.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Tom, great question. Up until recently, you couldn't move any assets once they were created... and if you look way, way back, there was a time you couldn't even rename a folder!! That said, there now many assets that can be moved, and assets that can be created within each other. You can create email programs within programs, and you can create programs within engagement programs, but once these have been created originally they cannot be moved to within another. You can only move assets (emails, pages, forms) after they have been created.

To have nested email programs in programs, just be sure to create it within the program.

I think part of the reasoning for not being able to move these things is that all assets within a program are prepended with the program name, and you can have assets with the same name across all of your programs, but this could create a conflict if you moved something with the same name into an existing program.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Thanks Dory!

Tom Kerlin