Re: Missing leads in import

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing leads in import

Hi,

Could anybody please let me know why Marketo only picks up 60 leads when I've imported a .csv list of 100 leads? This is excluding duplicates (as I already checked to make sure there weren't any duplicates).

After Marketo imported the list, there were 5 that failed as they were in a different partition - so I changed the partition of these leads and added them back to the list but it's still only 60 leads?? Struggling to understand where the other 40 went.

Any insights you can share will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Judy

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Without seeing the file its difficult to say.  Is there a line break somewhere in the file?  Are their duplicates in the email?  Do all leads have a unique email address. Are there any leads that have email address is empty?  Marketo dedupes on email address.   I would not post the file here obviously for data privacy reasons.  These are the common things to check. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your response. Yes unfortunately I had already de-duplicated the emails from the .csv file, ensuring that there were no empty slots or line breaks. Do you know if there could there be any other explanations why?

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

If you double checked for duplicates - I would try to remove leads from the static list and re-import. Have you tried that? Judy Yoo

Devraj_Grewal

Judy,

Personally, I actually like to use the SFDC Data Loader for importing leads. It reports on the successful imports and provides notes for the errors so you know why a lead wasn't imported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Devraj - do you mean syncing Marketo programs with SFDC campaigns to import leads?

Devraj_Grewal

The Data Loader is a separate application altogether. You log into the wizard with your SFDC credentials and choose which object you would like to insert or update.