Re: Missing Feature: Updating Acquisition Program on Old Records

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Missing Feature: Updating Acquisition Program on Old Records

This has been a major issue for my team and I these last few weeks. Our goal was to reorganize our channels and update Acquisition Program for a bunch of records to reflect this. We ran data value change steps and even tried to do mass updates via SalesForce data loader to little success. Our Acquisition Program updates in Marketo but it doesn't push to SalesForce. (All of our sync privileges are open). On the SFDC data loader side, the record might update for a few minutes but then it immediately resorts back to its old value.  We managed to come up with a haphazard fix where we update a second field along side the Acquisition Program field. This works...sometimes. If that field has ever been used previously, Acquisition Program won't update. It's extremely frustrating updating and re-updating lead information only to learn that it didn't stick. According to Marketo Support: since this information is being updated after the record is created in Marketo by the Change Data Value flow action, it's falling outside of the normal automated processes that are in place.

We've talked with Marketo Support in-depth, and they have basically told us they are aware of the issue but don't have plans to fix it any time soon.  I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this issue as well.

2 REPLIES 2
Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Hi Allison Proehl‌,

We just stood up a net-new Marketo instance to replace our ten year old instance. And I may be running into a similar situation now. Have you found a way to address this since your original post?

Thanks!

Bonnie

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

The only workaround I've been able to get to work is to update another field that is empty in Salesforce along with the Acquisition Program. For example, when I went back to update wrong acquisition programs I also did a data value change for a field labeled "Lead identifier" We never used that field so I was able to push data into and change any wrong acquisition programs. Sorry I don't have a better workaround