Missing Email Activity Data

Vaibhav_Malhotr
Level 1

Missing Email Activity Data

Email activity raw data download has less numbers than Marketo dashboard. This is a recurring issue. Please help me out.

5 REPLIES 5
Britney_Young1
Level 3 - Champion

Re: Missing Email Activity Data

Which Marketo dashboard numbers are you comparing it to and in what time frame are you pulling the data from? Keep in mind Marketo has a 90-day data retention period for some activity. You can see the specifics of their data retention policy here

Vaibhav_Malhotr
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Please see below details:

1.  Please see an attached for the exact dashboard screen I am looking at: The timespan I am looking at is July 01 to July 31, 2020.

Vaibhav_Malhotr_0-1598424819830.png

2. I am using Marketo API JSON request: And I am finding only 361 Opens in activity Data downloaded in Marketo API response. I am downloading data on a daily basis for the last day.

JSON Pay Loadhttps://631-HOT-484.mktorest.com/rest/v1/activities.json?access_token=<TOKEN>&activityTypeIds=8,9,10... _FROM_EACH_300_RECORDS_BATCH>

3. e.g. I have attested the above the screen for the following Email: WeeklyEmails-News-07.16.20-Onc.

There is another instance where I found 432 records in API RESPONSE and I can see 450+ in Marketo for EMail: WeeklyEmails-Curbside-07.14.20-Onc.

We have not passed 90 days yet from July 01,2020. Please let me know if you still need further details. This is quite a priority for us to get a resolution on this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The stats you're looking at in Marketo use the notion of an implied Open, which means the open-tracking pixel was n't downloaded (so there's no true Opened Email activity) but a link in the email was clicked. Ergo, the end user is assumed to have opened the email in practice, even though the specific moment of the open is not known.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll need to provide a lot more detail.

Please provide an example request JSON payload — it isn't clear if you're using the Bulk Export or Bulk Extract endpoint — highlighted using the syntax highlighter of course!

Then representative snippets of the response.

And screenshots of what exactly you're comparing it to within the Marketo UI.

Vaibhav_Malhotr
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Please see below details:

1.  Please see an attached for the exact dashboard screen I am looking at: The timespan I am looking at is July 01 to July 31, 2020.

Vaibhav_Malhotr_0-1598424819830.png

2. I am using Marketo API JSON request: And I am finding only 361 Opens in activity Data downloaded in Marketo API response. I am downloading data on a daily basis for the last day.

JSON Pay Loadhttps://631-HOT-484.mktorest.com/rest/v1/activities.json?access_token=<TOKEN>&activityTypeIds=8,9,10... _FROM_EACH_300_RECORDS_BATCH>

3. e.g. I have attested the above the screen for the following Email: WeeklyEmails-News-07.16.20-Onc.

There is another instance where I found 432 records in API RESPONSE and I can see 450+ in Marketo for EMail: WeeklyEmails-Curbside-07.14.20-Onc.

Please let me know if you still need further details