SOLVED

Re: Migrate Design Studio assets

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrate Design Studio assets

Hi guys,

Any of you have had a migration of instance and if so, how do you dealt with the "moving" of the Design Studio assets please?

Kind regards,

Raúl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

clone them into a Program, then import the Program into the new instance. For Forms, make sure the fields also exist in the destination instance. Same for Lead tokens in Emails/LPs. Dynamic Content & snippets not supported in Program Import.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

clone them into a Program, then import the Program into the new instance. For Forms, make sure the fields also exist in the destination instance. Same for Lead tokens in Emails/LPs. Dynamic Content & snippets not supported in Program Import.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jep,

Do I have to move them back to Design Studio after I import the program with the assets in the new instance?

I wanted to compare the 2 instances to see what are the differences between assets (due I don't know which ones are missing in the new one). I have 500+ emails and 900+ images/files. Do you know a way to get that easily? Only Landing Pages are "exportable" to excel...

Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Raul,

Yes, you probably will want to move them where they were located originally.

We always recommend the following practices to our customers:

• Only locate templates and forms in the design studio. Shared forms make for a much simpler maintenance, as forms sometimes have to be modified.
  • All emails and landing pages should be located within programs in the Marketing activities.

Excepted with some API dev to get a complete listing of all the assets, there is not simple way to compare the assets in 2 instances.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. So even if I don't move them back to their "original" location, will the links work? Like Landing Pages or Emails referencing images?

Best regards,

Raul

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, all the more so as Images are referenced by their URL.

BUT, 2 issues may arise :

• If the LP's in the new instance are published in a domain that is different from the domain used in the previous domain, you have cross domain content situation that might become tricky (unsecure content) if the new instance moves to HTTPS
  • in the LP editor, I have observed that images from other Marketo instances sometimes do not display.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I just checked and mi new instance (migrated by old one) does reference the old instance images, so when Marketo removes the old instance, all my 500+ programs will be useless?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Raul,

Yes, I am afraid. there is no easy way out of this, excepted with the Assets REST API or may Marketo PS.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I have imported a program from our old instance to our new one. It created a duplicate of the templates that it uses (a shame but have to live with it for now). It didn't bring the images that the emails and landings use.

I am so afraid that when we update the CNAMEs, all the sent emails will be linked to the new instance and they wont find the images and we will have nothing but a lame email with error messages saying that the image was not found. Do you know if this will happen or what can I do to avoid this?

Thank you!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Raul - we've had similar experiences when using the "import program" functionality.  Lots of duplicates; and assets/images missing.  We therefore don't use this capability.