SOLVED

Re: Microsoft Dynamics Campaign Sync

Go to solution
Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Microsoft Dynamics Campaign Sync

Did Marketo ever implement a campaign sync feature for Microsoft Dynamics users like the SFDC-Marketo campaign-program sync feature? I've read some posts about the absence of this feature from years ago but can't find anything about it in the product docs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Denise,

I am afraid that marketo does not have flow step for syncing the lead with Dynamics Campaigns. Marketo Supports only these three flow steps for Dynamics syncing:

1) Sync Lead to Microsoft(Assign an lead owner).

2) Create Task in Microsoft

3) Change Owner in Microsoft

For attributing the leads in campaigns in Dynamics you still need to rely on third party ETL tools as already mentioned.

Yes you are correct but Marketo and Dynamics sync is Bi-Directional sync only for Lead and Contact for the rest of sync (account sync, opportunity sync,) are synced in one direction only from Dynamics to Marketo. 
Addressing the field sync :

The sync is bidirectional for lead and contact entities. If you make changes to a lead or contact in Dynamics or a lead in Marketo, your updates will be reflected in both systems.

For account, user, opportunity, team, and custom entities, the sync is one-way: Dynamics to Marketo. If you make changes to these entities in Dynamics,  your updates will be reflected in Marketo. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Darshil_Shah1

Hi Denise,

Nope there is no direct campaign sync feature available for Marketo - MS Dynamics   

You can use a third party tool (such as an Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tool) such as Zapier or MuleSoft Anypoint Platform).

Also there is a possibility of coming up with a custom ETL as per the requirements which can make use of the marketo and the MS Dynamics APIs to pass the data between them, but that might require an additional technical team and some time to work-up the solution.

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 - Thank you! Can you at least use flow steps to add people to Dynamics campaigns? Also, I haven't used Dynamics before. I can tell from reading the Marketo docs on Dynamics integration that, like SFDC, it has Leads, Contacts, and Accounts. Does Dynamics also have field mapping  between fields on Leads and Contacts (and Leads and Accounts) so that you can have just one field in Marketo, e.g., for Source, that's mapped to both the Lead and Contact in Dynamics?

Darshil_Shah1

Hi Denise,

I am afraid that marketo does not have flow step for syncing the lead with Dynamics Campaigns. Marketo Supports only these three flow steps for Dynamics syncing:

1) Sync Lead to Microsoft(Assign an lead owner).

2) Create Task in Microsoft

3) Change Owner in Microsoft

For attributing the leads in campaigns in Dynamics you still need to rely on third party ETL tools as already mentioned.

Yes you are correct but Marketo and Dynamics sync is Bi-Directional sync only for Lead and Contact for the rest of sync (account sync, opportunity sync,) are synced in one direction only from Dynamics to Marketo. 
Addressing the field sync :

The sync is bidirectional for lead and contact entities. If you make changes to a lead or contact in Dynamics or a lead in Marketo, your updates will be reflected in both systems.

For account, user, opportunity, team, and custom entities, the sync is one-way: Dynamics to Marketo. If you make changes to these entities in Dynamics,  your updates will be reflected in Marketo. Hope this helps!

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Thank you!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Denise - FYI, this is now available:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/smart-campa...

You need to enable it in Admin.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Sorry for the necromancy, but even this new Dynamics campaign integration does only mean that "Add to MSD Campaign" and "Remove from MSD Campaign" are now available flow steps.

That does not mean that a Marketo program to MSC Campaign sync exists as it does for Salesforce. Is that correct?

Tags (1)
Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - still the OOTB campaign sync offered for the MSD is simply not as comprehensive as that for the SFDC.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Thanks Darshil. Just reading the documentation carefully, I'm also seeing that there is no filter "Is Member of Microsoft Campaign" in Marketo. That's really sad.

Darshil_Shah1

I feel you - there were quite a lot of comments/requests regarding making the DCRM - Marketo sync more cohesive during the 2022 roadmap and overview summit session. I'm positive that someone at Adobe is working to build the present day DCRM sync as comprehensive as possible. 🙂