Microsoft Dynamics CRM campaign sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Dynamics CRM campaign sync

We're in the process of implementing Microsoft Dynamics 2013 CRM and just found out that we can't sync the Marketo program to Dynamics CRM campaigns. I haven't got my hands on Dynamics yet so I'm still not familiar with the system. For experienced Dynamics users, how do you measure the success of a campaign that was created in Dynamics? Let's say if I created a tradeshow campaign in CRM and send pre and post show emails in Marketo, how can we measure the results and ROI of a campaign like in SFDC if this can't be synced between Marketo and Dynamic CRM?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Microsoft Dynamics CRM campaign sync

At this point, you probably have discovered this, but just in case others have the same question I wanted to share. I'm not sure where this integration with MS CRM Campaigns is on the roadmap, but I haven't heard any buzz about it recently, so we plan to use a middleware like Scribe or Boomi to update CRM with campaign responses.

Marketo has suggested buying Insights licenses to provide campaign visibility to our CRM users and while I prefer to automatically assign tasks w/ related camapigns for tracking the conversion rates of MQLs and help manage SLAs with inside or outside sales, you can still accomplish quite a bit of reporting frm Marketo if you can get your sales team to add Contacts to Opportunities. This will not only tell you the most influencing campaign, but identify all campaigns that may have impacted that opportunity. And visa versa.

All other vanity metrics should be pulled right from Marketo anyway depending on your success metrics.

Not sure if this helps, but I would love to stay in touch, as we are also one of the red-headed step children using MS Dynamics 2013.

Jillian.Johnson@dh.com

Janice_Matthies
Level 1

Re: Microsoft Dynamics CRM campaign sync

Hi - You can create an SSIS job to integrate Marketo Programs with Dynamics Campaigns. See below for the upsert job I created. We use Kingswaysoft SSIS. The integration works very well. Hope this helps.

pastedImage_1.png