Merge Leads but don't merge Score

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merge Leads but don't merge Score

I am using DemandTools for the same function. The only solution I have found was for lead-to-contact deduping. If you log a task and then use the subject as a filter in your Marketo MQL report (i.e. add a filter for "not activity was logged", subject = [whatever you put in DemandTools task subject]) This will keep the leads that push back to Marketo from MQL-ing at the time of deduplication. Any future action would push them to MQL since their score would still be over the threshold.

Agreed that this is super frustrating - both to me and our sales team! Would be great to have Marketo only merge behavior score, or give us options to customize based on needs.

Highlighted
Level 2

Re: Merge Leads but don't merge Score

I'm seeing this happen in our instance as well. However, it's happening with new leads that are created; Marketo is automatically merging their anonymous visitor tracking activity it collected via Munchkin. In this case, it appears I have no control over the lead scores being merged. In this case, I think I actually want the Person Score to increase, but the Behavior Score should increase as well, since it's primarily a score created because of web page visits. Is there a way we could trigger a workflow to increase the Behavior Score by the same amount when this merge occurs? If not, our Behavior + Demographic scores won't always = our Person Score. I don't think this is critical but it's a little messy.