Measuring impact on SMS influence

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measuring impact on SMS influence

Context

Our business sells advertising space via a Booking. All the booking details are captured on a Booking object in Salesforce.

When a customer calls our contact centre for a quote, the Rep creates a booking then updates the Status to 'Killed' immediately if the customer doesn't approve it. If the customer calls back and wants to go ahead with the Booking, the Rep creates a new Booking and updates the Status to 'Booking'.

A common reason for a customer not to complete their booking is because they forget and were never called and reminded that the print deadline is approaching.

Campaign

So, I've created a program that targets customers who have a Killed Booking (aka quote) in the past week and sends either an SMS or Email to them 2 hours before the deadline of their quoted publication, encouraging them to call to complete their Booking.

Question

My question is how do I easily measure whether the SMS/Email reminder was influential in completing a Booking, and is there a way to report on it in Marketo? It's tricky because I'm effectively looking for any bookings that were made after the SMS was sent, but there's no "sequential" logic feature in Marketo that can do that.

The closest I've got is to create a smart list that says:

Has Booking, Status is Booking, Created in past 7 days

and

Is member of SMS Smart Campaign

and

SMS outbound sent time is in past 7 days

Then I've set up a Smart Campaign that sends me an Alert every day whenever someone qualifies for the smart list above.

Any other frames of thought that I haven't considered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Measuring impact on SMS influence

you would have to modify their Status if they were a Member of SMS, Responded to SMS or Approved. Status=X in SMS campaign. That should mark them as a success and you can see how well SMS influences things.