Measuring Number of MQLs and % Converted to Contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measuring Number of MQLs and % Converted to Contacts

Background

One metric our leadership team wants to see is the number of leads we pass sales (marketing qualified leads) and the % of those that are converted to contacts. I am having a difficult time creating a dashboard component in SFDC that shows these metrics and an hoping for some help. I know I can easily see a snapshot of leads that are currently Marketing Qualified, but is there any way to capture total leads that have ever been Marketing Qualified in Salesforce?

Details You Need to Know

• We use the field "Lead Status" equals "Marketing Qualified"
  • Another helpful field is "Create User" equals "Marketo"

To measure this in Marketo we use this workflow

• Smartlist Trigger: "Score is Changed, New Score over 100"
  • Flow: "Change Data Value (lead status) to Marketing Qualified;" Add to list "Marketing Qualified Leads" and Sync to SFDC

By adding these leads to a list, we are able to see total number of leads who have become Marketing Qualified. I want to apply this approach to our Dashboards in Salesforce but haven't found a solution.

We do not sync the program to Salesforce. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Measuring Number of MQLs and % Converted to Contacts

A better method is to use RCM and RCE. Jeff Coveney and I talked about various methods in our talk back in April. go to Sessions – The Marketing Nation Summit, April 13-15, 2015 – Marketo  and look for us. I think it is ...ale of two lifecycles"

Your list will help, but SFDC is hard to build historical data like this. RCE is much better, or other tools.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Measuring Number of MQLs and % Converted to Contacts

Thanks Josh. We don't have RCE. If we did have it, is there a way to incorporate that data in a Salesforce dashboard? How are the numbers communicated to executives?