Marking everyone as registered after filling out a form

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

Marking everyone as registered after filling out a form

We're having an issue wherein people are filling out a form on a landing page, but it's not changing their status to registered nor does it show on a smart list that they've filled out a form.  The rep is getting an alert that they've registered, but there's no registration data other than that.  What's happening here?  Do people need to fill out the form when Chrome is in Incognito?  Do they need to clear their cache?

Also, one of our branches wants to register multiple people under the same email address.  From my experience that can't be done because each subsequent entry would override the first, but is there a way around this that we don't know?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marking everyone as registered after filling out a form

HI Nick,

Are you using workspaces and partitions ? If a form is in a workspace A that accesses a partition A, and leads from a partition B, not accessible from workspace A, fill out the form, they will not fire any smart campaigns from workspace A.

Incognito or not, that does not prevent the form to be submitted and the data to be inserted in Marketo.

Also, one of our branches wants to register multiple people under the same email address

That is a bad idea. They will override data at each entry and Marketo will only keep the latest entry. There are some workaround, but quite complex, using a proxy email field and filling out the email field with a random value, then overriding the email address with the proxy field value using a smart campaign.

-Greg

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Re: Marking everyone as registered after filling out a form

Nick,

This seems too obvious to ask so forgive me - but you didn't say so I'll ask just in case: do you have a smart campaign that changes the status to registered in response to the form fill?

Denise