SOLVED

Re: Marketo to Zoom Webinar Integration Not Working - Using Webhook Connection

Go to solution
Hilary_Wikczek
Level 2

Marketo to Zoom Webinar Integration Not Working - Using Webhook Connection

Hi, 

We are using Zoom webinar with Marketo and are using the webhook connection. I'm getting a 403 error, saying 'HTTP Error 403: Forbidden access to URL.'

I noticed the errors occurred after May 28th. This connection was previously working. I've regenerated the client secret and tested all of the settings and I can't figure out what's wrong. Is anyone else experiencing Marketo to Zoom connection issues? 

Thanks, 

Hilary

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @Hilary_Wikczek,

Zoom provides a launchpoint integration with Marketo and you can follow the link below to setup the same. Its easier than the API integration.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/UJPZxd9sQ8-vOWP7ACfxIQ

Thanks.

Arun Sharma
Arun Sharma

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Erik_Eaton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Hey Hillary, we are also experiencing the same error. Found the issue today when testing a new program. (currently attempting to contact their support, will let you know how it goes!)

Erik_Eaton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Alright @Hilary_Wikczek  looks like the webhook was actually depreciated - https://etumos.com/marketing-operations-development/webhook-marketo-zoom-using-v2-api/

Hopefully those instructions get you rolling shout out to Etumos ! 

Hilary_Wikczek
Level 2

@Eric_eaton Thanks so much for this! I'm missing one step in this and I still can't get it to work. I'm going to try the Launchpoint way, it didn't work for us previously, I'm not sure why, so that's why we are using the older webhook way. But this article explains a lot, especially since Zoom has not responded to any of our support tickets, chats, calls or direct emails. I'm wondering if there is a comparable webinar provider that we can switch to that has good support.

Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @Hilary_Wikczek,

Zoom provides a launchpoint integration with Marketo and you can follow the link below to setup the same. Its easier than the API integration.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/UJPZxd9sQ8-vOWP7ACfxIQ

Thanks.

Arun Sharma
Arun Sharma
Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

@Arun_Sharma9 : We have the launchpoint integration set up between Marketo and Zoom; however, we are not able to map fields between the 2 platforms. The launchpoint integration only allows for first name, last name and email address to sync. Although we want everyone to register via Marketo form for our webinars, Zoom allows for registration on their side but, because only the 3 fields sync, we are not able to get the additional data we need for proper routing and follow up.

Do you have any workarounds that allow for the integration but also allow for fields to be mapped between Marketo and Zoom?

galbee12
Level 1

Hi @Arun_Sharma9 @Erik_Eaton @Hilary_Wikczek @Ajay_Parikh1

I get the 'API Error: access_token expired' when trying to load an event. I've tried to recreate the LaunchPoint but I still get the error on the new LaunchPoint service for Zoom. Any thoughts on how to correct this?
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 09.50.31 (2).png
Thank you!

Ajay_Parikh1
Level 3

@galbee12: Can you please confirm how your Marketo account logs into your Zoom account?

• Username/Password?
  • SSO?

We had an issue with our Marketo <--> Zoom integration via LaunchPoint when our Zoom account login was switched from Username/PW to SSO. We had to make an exception for the Marketo user to still log into Zoom via username/password for the Launchpoint integration to work. Then, we were able to set up the LaunchPoint service again and could see all the Zoom events properly in a Marketo event program.

cc: @Ric_Kolibar 

galbee12
Level 1

Hey - never saw this response, sorry! But Marketo/Zoom announced this was fixed a few weeks back! Thanks!

Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @galbee12 

Did you check the integration details in Launchpoint which are connected with Zoom.

Probably if you check the steps listed in this doc, you might be able to solve it.

Thanks,

Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma