SOLVED

Marketo to SFDC "Change Score" Syncing Issue

Go to solution
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Marketo to SFDC "Change Score" Syncing Issue

Hi Everyone,

I've searched around the community but haven't been able to find a good answer to this issue. We have a custom score value that has been created and syncs with SFDC, but I have seen inconsistent syncing taking place. Some times, a score will change or degrade in Marketo, and that change never gets pushed over to SFDC. I can see the Change Data Value activity in the Marketo log, but it's not syncing to SFDC. Sometimes it does, but not always.

Do I have to include a manual "Sync to SFDC" flow step as well? That seems extremely redundant...  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: Marketo to SFDC "Change Score" Syncing Issue

Hi Everyone,

After some investigation, turns out the Marketo Integration User Permissions had been mistakenly overwritten to be read-only for the field. Lucky for me, I already had block field updates from SFDC Sync enabled for the field inside Marketo, so Marketo's data is still clean. We updated the permissions, forced a sync, and all looks good.

Appreciate all the insights. Good to know the forced sync is not necessary for sure, seems like it's just permissioning issues with our sync setup. I'm going to get a fully audit underway to avoid the issue moving forward.

Thanks again,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chris,

the additional, forced sync, is not necessary.

I would look into the right model or some validation rules that prevent the update to the SFDC record.

Start with an attempt to update another field in Marketo on these records and check these other fields do sync.

-Greg

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey Chris

Just adding to Greg's comment. I would also check the activity log to see if the record has synced/updated back to SFDC after the custom score value has changed.

If you find that there has been an update back to SFDC for that record then you would be looking at custom validation rules on SFDC that may be preventing this update from happening - as Greg mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Floyd

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Chris,

I agree with Greg & Floyd. Another thought - and sorry if this is too obvious - I'm guessing this field is on the Lead and the Contact in SFDC. Are the two mapped together and did they sync down to Marketo as one field? Worth double-checking...

Denise

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Hi Everyone,

After some investigation, turns out the Marketo Integration User Permissions had been mistakenly overwritten to be read-only for the field. Lucky for me, I already had block field updates from SFDC Sync enabled for the field inside Marketo, so Marketo's data is still clean. We updated the permissions, forced a sync, and all looks good.

Appreciate all the insights. Good to know the forced sync is not necessary for sure, seems like it's just permissioning issues with our sync setup. I'm going to get a fully audit underway to avoid the issue moving forward.

Thanks again,

Chris

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

That was my first take: look at the rights model...

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Yea, I didn't think that would be the sources of the problem as I had already encountered THAT issue and had the permissions updated!  Those permission changes were accidentally overwritten, causing the issue to occur again. Luckily this time around I had stopped the field updates from SFDC Sync so Marketo was nice and clean   Not the case last time. Had to do tons of resetting as the degrade rate of the scores was all messed up. Appreciate your input as always!