Re: Marketo to SFDC Sync Error

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The second flow step is useless in fact. it will be ignored by Marketo.

The log you provided look akward. If the program and the SFDC campaign ARE sync'ed, this is what it should show:

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Greg,

The "change status in SFDC Campaign" second step on the flow will get ignored?

The program and the SFDC campaign are indeed in Sync...and as you know, some of these are writing to SFDC and some are not. Still baffled.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Josh

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

The "change status in SFDC Campaign" second step on the flow will get ignored?

Yes, this is correct.

But the activity log you posted does not show the error it should show, which is what concerns me.

-Greg

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Interesting, would you suggest a call into Marketo?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Probably, yes.

-Greg

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Interestingly enough...it seems to be a bit more simple than we were thinking. Below is the activity log of a lead that is unsubscribed in Marketo and opened in SFDC. The highlighted activity is opened below. It looks like it changes status from delivered to unsubscribed, but then changes again from unsubscribed to opened (which is being written over to SFDC).

I am thinking I am going to have to put some "if ____" permissions in there, any recommendations? 

Error 1.PNGOverwrite 2.PNG

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

Again, if the campaign is sync'ed with a program, 2 things:

• The sync is bi directional: the member status change can be done in Marketo and pushed to SFDC or done in SFDC and pushed to Marketo. BUT in Marketo, a backward status changed in not authorized, BUT I do not know if Marketo in this later case will push back the refusal to SFDC.
  • Any "add to SFDC campaign" or "change SFDC campaign status" flow steps is ignored.

Based on your screen shots, once a lead is set to "unsubscribed" in Marketo, I suspect that this is the highest member step number, so it cannot be moved back to opened. But you are be allowed to do it in SFDC. In this case, I do not know if Marketo pushes back the "unsubscribed" or whether it creates a discrepancy.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to be having a very similar problem. Can you post what response you get or clarification?

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Absolutely. It is under investigation now.

Josh_Grant2
Level 3

Escalated to Tier 2. Stand by.