Re: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"?

I agree, Courtney.  I think a more widespread notification approach is needed here.  Just today, I stumbled across this in the Support space: Legacy Rich Text Editor and Form Editor 1.0 are Being Deprecated August 1st .  While most users aren't using these legacy elements anymore, it will still cause angst for those that still are and weren't aware of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Courtney,

Our general policy has been to mention only changes that impact the functionality of the CRM sync, i.e., what users see via Marketo or the CRM.

In situations where we need to upgrade to a later API version in order to take explicit advantage of a new object that has been exposed only through that version, we will definitely include the update in the release notes.

Can you help us understand why you need to know which version of the API the CRM sync mechanism is using?

Thanks,

-Derek

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Derek,

In this case, the update actually made a difference on what fields some standard Account-linked objects (Account Team Member in particular) retrieved.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney,

I gather that you are talking about using it as a custom object?

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Derek,

Can we hope that this API version upgrade has not been done for the beauty of the thing but as a preliminary step to serious enhancements to the functionality and performance of the connector?

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added this one:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gregoire, this is a phenomenal assessment. Shows just how much depth goes into not only creating, but then evolving the connector integrations. I'd love to talk further with you about this - I will reach out to you on LinkedIn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gregoire, you are a saint!

Thank you so very much for all of your work and continued work on this.

I have voted up on pretty much all of these and will continue to follow the threads.

Best regards,

Lynn

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added this one:

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Added this one:

-Greg