Re: Marketo's Web Personalization

Nina_Gonzalez1
Level 3

Marketo's Web Personalization

We are considering purchasing Marketo's Web Personalization and would like to here from current users. Do you find this product valuable? Does it deliver as expected?

We plan to use it to personalize landing pages for unknown visitors and known visitors. We also plan to use the Content AI for Predictive Content. Plus the added analytics looks very valuable.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nina,

The capability to address known and anonymous leads is really powerful, all the more so as that you can sync any field you want from the database for known leads and use them to create WP Target segments. Te ability to combine known and anonymous visitors are quite unique on the market.

There quite a few limitations, still, IMHO. Some of them (See ) are really frustrating because they lead you to create simplistic segments. For instance, it's impossible to target anonymous who has visited at least 2 pages out of a list of 4. Or know leads who are either a customer or a small company.

-Greg

Riz_Alvi
Level 4

Hi Grégoire,

Can you suggest any other web personalization vendors that have similar or better functionality as Marketo Web Personalisation module?

We are considering web personalization but the price for Marketo is too high.

Thanks!

Riz

Riz Alvi
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Can you please elaborate more on what kind of personaliation you want to add on your landing pages?

Below are some of the use cases i know

1) On basis of segmented leads

2) On basis of web page visits

3) On basis of data in marketo fields for a lead

4) On basis of pre-defined lists in marketo

As you can see most of the above can only be done for a known lead on your website, but the challenging part as mentioned by Gregoire is where you can target on basis of known and anonymous both.

Arun Sharma
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Riz,

With regards to web personalization for anonymous leads, there are many solutions on the market, and it is difficult to establish a best list, as most provide roughly the same set of functionalities.

When it come to known leads, Marketo WP being tightly integrated with Marketo Lead Management, that create a substantial differentiator for Marketo, as, though list sync, you will be easily able to exchange targets between the 2.

-Greg

Thomas_Goirand
Level 2

Would recommend it to for known leads and using some API like Google Optimize / Optimizely or native building on your website to show related content or specific CTA. The API connector is running smoothly with almost no impact on loading time.. perfect on this point I'd say.

For anonymous visitors, data is pretty rare and as I do not know which rovider is working for in each country (I am pretty sure Marketo only give the ISP info), it is clearly not top of the art in the end.

I would recommend using Clearbit + Madkudu if your looking for real time web personnalization in the US.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Nina -- I spoke about this at Summit and gave my 'real world' examples from the past few years. Feel free to give it a watch and see if it answers any of your concerns. Happy to follow-up as needed after that as well.

http://summit.adobe.com/na/summit-online/#26637

Nina_Gonzalez1
Level 3

Thanks JD.

Tony_Membrino
Level 2

Hi JD...that link is broken. Adobe/Marketo must have moved it. I managed to see it once...quite good. Tony

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

yeah - they migrated it to a subdomain to make way for this year's conference. Just add "2019." in front of it:

Adobe Summit 2019—The Digital Experience Conference | March 24–28, 2019