Re: Marketo's Default Lead Scoring Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo's Default Lead Scoring Program

Does anyone know how Marketo's default lead scoring program works (or if something of the sort even exists)? Right now we currently do not have our own lead scoring model set up however our leads are receiving scores through what appears to be a default model from Marketo. My question is, how do we figure out the way our leads are currently being scored? Some of our leads have very high scores and we can see their activity history, however we cannot tell which behaviors and actions are attributed to a certain score. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Taryn,

Unless your consultant activated a lead scoring model for you, Marketo doesn't have one turned on out of the box - and I doubt your consultant would activate without your admin's consent. But if something did happen, here are some ways to find it:

Go to one of your leads with a score and find one of the score changes in their Activity Log. On the far right you can see the campaign name which includes the program name. You can use this to find the particular program that is activated in Marketing Activities and then deactivate it. Most likely you'll find all of the scoring campaigns in one or two programs, so having the program name will be really helpful.

pastedImage_0.png

Or if for some reason these campaigns are in many different programs, go to Marketing Activities and choose "Campaign Inspector" then at the bottom search for "Score". This will tell you every smart campaign with "change score" that is active which should help you narrow down which programs it is.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There is probably an existing scoring program, possibly one someone used from the Program Import Library.

@Taryn, please do a search in Marketing Activities for Scoring or Score in addition to Christine's suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Thanks for your answer. I think we are actually seeing the urgency score because we do not have a lead scoring model set up. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina, thanks for the insight. I think what we are seeing is actually the urgency score and not an actual lead score because the activity log doesn't contain anything about changing lead scores.

Thanks for your help!

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Is it possible you are referring to Urgency or relative score?  If so these are related to Sales Insights.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jason, I think you may be correct. Is there a default urgency/relative score that is already set up in Marketo? I think this might be what we are seeing. Attached is an example. Also, how does Marketo score these leads for urgency?

pastedImage_0.png

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Actually based on the screenshot, it looks like it may be your lead score.

Go to the field management section and type in score and see if any campaigns are using it.  If not the value must have come from somewhere.

If you want to do a join.me I may be able to help you out.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha, you are correct. It appears there are lead score campaigns running there however we can't edit them or locate them on the sidebar. When you click on the campaign it takes you straight to the smart list but you can't edit it, only view. It says last edited by Marketo API Operations so I think they set something up for us but we might need to just call them to find out exactly how it works.

Julz_James
Level 10

Do you have full admin access to your instance?  You should be able to see any information regarding a lead scoring model as it has to be done through smart campaigns and you should have access to these.  Same as Jason said, happy to do a quick 'screen share' via Skype or join.me if you need any help.

Juli