SOLVED

Re: Marketo report on velocity token

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What does the base URL look like that you're adding that to? If there's already a query string, adding another ? is not correct.

Jay00031987
Level 4

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

I have not added the URL in that fashion below is the sample.

URL?utm_source=Marketo&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

And when I click the link the mkt_tok details are loaded successfully. But, I can not see view page activity in Marketo.

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

OK, please supply what you're actually doing going forward rather than paraphrasing... we're doing precision troubleshooting and every obvious mistake has to be considered.

What do you mean by "the mkt_tok details"? Are you confirming {{lead.token}} values are displayed in the page, in an Incognito/Private window? What is the URL of such a page?

Jay00031987
Level 4

I have not added lead reference in the shared VTL code which I already shared in my previous comment.
I am trying to capture either user visit or click link on email. But, as I already told that emit URL is not configured in the VTL script. Hence, click on email is not tracked. The main reason why I am not using emit URL is due to having N number of link. 

Although, I want to trace visit web page activity for that particular lead in Marketo. I asked if you can suggest what went wrong in this

<a href="{{my.VTL}}?utm_source=Marketo&amp;mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##" style="text-decoration: none; ">Click</a> 

#set( $defaultName = "#" )
#set( $counter = 0 )
#if( $CO_cList.isEmpty() )
#set( $DEFAULT_CTA = $defaultName )
#else
#foreach( $CO_c in $sorter.sort($CO_cList, "date:desc") )
#if( !$display.alt($CO_c["productURL"],"").isEmpty() && $CO_c["productType"]=="Product" && $CO_c["countryCode"]=="US")
#set( $outputName = $CO_c["productURL"] )
#set( $reference = $counter )
#break
#end
#set( $counter = $counter + 1)
#end
#set( $outputName = $display.alt($outputName, $DEFAULT_CTA) )
#end
${outputName}
Jay
SanfordWhiteman

What is an example final URL?

And have you looked on the Anonymous side to make sure the Munchkin hit is being logged at all?

Jay00031987
Level 4

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman  I got the testing issue due to different account setup.

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

So it's actually working, then?

Jay00031987
Level 4

I found very weird it is working for one workspace and tracking immediately but for other workspace it is not working.

Here is sample URL example

https://www.mywebsite.ca/path/web.html?utm_source=Marketo&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTXpVeFptUmhOemt6TVRjeCIsInQiOiJUaHRyMWkwczllQWdxajgwMnlhbUdQMjF3bVd0RkFjTGZmTFBPZDBncDd6aGNUalVqN3ZZYzlEdkIyWmR5ZTNKZ1pESFRxVG05RVNSbDFGci81b0c2OExhcGtJS0k4OS8rQVJuWUUzMklOND0ifQ%3D%3D&lead_id=3468209

And, Munchkin code is setup only for one website other country does not have Munchkin code. But it is tracking the result only which does not included Munchkin code.

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

@Jay00031987 wrote:

I found very weird it is working for one workspace and tracking immediately but for other workspace it is not working.

Here is sample URL example

https://www.mywebsite.ca/path/web.html?utm_source=Marketo&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTXpVeFptUmhOemt6TVRjeCIsInQiOiJUaHRyMWkwczllQWdxajgwMnlhbUdQMjF3bVd0RkFjTGZmTFBPZDBncDd6aGNUalVqN3ZZYzlEdkIyWmR5ZTNKZ1pESFRxVG05RVNSbDFGci81b0c2OExhcGtJS0k4OS8rQVJuWUUzMklOND0ifQ%3D%3D&lead_id=3468209

Surely that is not your real domain, as it redirects to a German hosting company...

And, Munchkin code is setup only for one website other country does not have Munchkin code. But it is tracking the result only which does not included Munchkin code.

Impossible. Visit Web Page is logged by —  and only by — the Munchkin library.