SOLVED

Marketo "Add to a list" in Zapier as a trigger

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo "Add to a list" in Zapier as a trigger

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to push Person's information to a gsheet/airtable whenever a Person is added to a list. However, Zapier only capturing the trigger when a new lead is created. Does anyone know any workaround?

pastedImage_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo "Add to a list" in Zapier as a trigger

Ideally, I want Zapier to capture the trigger of "added to a list", so I can avoid using a webhook.

Zapier isn't actually "capturing" anything.  It's presumably polling using the REST API, which is pretty insane.

You'll have more reliability and timeliness by sending a webhook callout to Zapier.

Re: my blog post -- yes, you can call directly into GSheets like that as well.  Or call into a Zapier webhook receiver.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

The order-of-operations here doesn't really make sense.

You want to use a webhook to call Zapier (or in fact you could call GSheets directly) triggering on ​Added to List.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideally, I want Zapier to capture the trigger of "added to a list", so I can avoid using a webhook.

For the use of webhook, do you mean the steps similar to this blog post (http://blog.teknkl.com/logging-marketo-form-fills-to-a-google-sheet/?marketo-nation) ?

SanfordWhiteman

Zapier isn't actually "capturing" anything.  It's presumably polling using the REST API, which is pretty insane.

You'll have more reliability and timeliness by sending a webhook callout to Zapier.

Re: my blog post -- yes, you can call directly into GSheets like that as well.  Or call into a Zapier webhook receiver.