Re: Marketo on website AND microsite simultaneously?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo on website AND microsite simultaneously?

I am going to launch marketo on my current website.  I also have a microsite (through different CMS) that will also need to connect to marketo.  Is it possible for marketo to connect to my regular website (sending emails in all designated email sign up areas) and then also have a microsite that is capturing emails as well (a campaign/registration).  We are building a microsite instead of a marketo LP since we need to have more robust capabilities on the microsite.  feedback is appreciated if this is possible.  Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no limit to the number of 3rd-party sites that can use your Marketo embedded forms and your Munchkin web tracking code.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Laura Hoffman In terms of out of the box tracking, it might be advantageous for you if your microsite is a subdomain of your primary domain (xyz.yourcompany.com), or resides on your primary domain (yourcompany.com/xyz).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! If I am launching a microsite, and my domain is www.marcom.com and we're launching www.ricoh.marcom.com -- will Marketo track this out of the box?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, that's fine, they share a common private suffix and Marketo will choose that suffix (.marcom.com) for .com addresses.

Incidentally, if you use www.ricoh.marcom.com you won't be able to use your current SSL cert, which is less than optimal (i.e. it will cost you).  If you use www-ricoh.marcom.com or ricoh-www.marcom.com, you'd be able to use the same cert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a very important aspect. Thank you so much for bringing that up.