Re: Marketo not fetching Owner Id from SFDC

rish_tracktik
Level 2

Marketo not fetching Owner Id from SFDC

Hi there,

We don't use assignment rules in our SFDC and we have our lead settings to one default lead owner that will kick in when there is no lead owner.  The screenshot below:-

rish_tracktik_0-1609877421113.png

While using auto-assignment rules in the sync to SFDC flow step, I can see that the lead is successfully inserted in SFDC but on task creation step I am getting this error " Failed: no owner specified for lead id *******". 

rish_tracktik_1-1609877761388.png

As i further see the sync step i see that there is no owner id being fetched during this sync process. 

rish_tracktik_2-1609877865674.png

On checking with our SFDC admin nothing major has changed from the SFDC side that will impact any owner assignment. Please advise. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you sure the Lead isn't owned by a Queue? Please check upon Lead creation.

rish_tracktik
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman - The lead is not owned by any queue upon lead creation, infact when i check the SFDC i can see the default owner as the lead owner but nothing in Marketo. 

SanfordWhiteman

You didn't introduce an asynchronous owner assignment flow of some kind (so it wouldn't be known by the end of the sync connection)?

rish_tracktik
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman - No I have checked all the flows and there is nothing that is impacting any owner assignment. I have checked using Campaign inspector too. Everything was working fine until recently and it abruptly stopped. I have been trying to get this to SFDC/Marketo support but there are no concrete findings. 
Please advise!

SanfordWhiteman

Well, have to admit I'm out of ideas. If the ownerId exists at the point of creation, it should sync.

rish_tracktik
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman - On digging further, I can see there is a problem in the sync process and getting the error below. It's trying to find the lead id and lead object, but there is no deletion happening. I can see the lead record exists in SFDC.
Any insights?

rish_tracktik_0-1610054256765.png

SanfordWhiteman

Is the Lead being converted to a Contact in real-time?

rish_tracktik
Level 2

No, it is not converted to contact in real-time. It is done manually by our Sales Enablement only after confirming it is qualified to be converted to a contact.

SanfordWhiteman

Sorry, I don't usually say this, but I've got nothin' else to suggest without directly debugging the org & instance.