SOLVED

Re: Marketo not authorized to add leads to a SFDC campaign

Go to solution
Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Marketo not authorized to add leads to a SFDC campaign

When trying to add a contact to a SFDC campaign via Marketo (using the Add to SFDC Campaign flow step), I received the following error:

"FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION: New campaign members cannot be added by Marketo users. Please contact the administrator for further assistance."

I submitted a support ticket but Support was unable to see the field that caused this error. Has anyone run into this situation before? If so, what permissions need to be updated for the sync to work properly?  I'm new to the company and so is our SFDC Admin so I'm wondering if our instance wasn't integrated properly...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION is thrown by field validation rules in SFDC.  It isn't possible to see what caused this from the Marketo side.  I would start by looking for rules on Campaign members.  In SFDC go to Setup and search for Validation in the sidebar.  There should be a menu under Campaign Members.  If you can't find the relevant rule there, then you'll want to look under the menu for Campaigns, Leads and Contacts as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION is thrown by field validation rules in SFDC.  It isn't possible to see what caused this from the Marketo side.  I would start by looking for rules on Campaign members.  In SFDC go to Setup and search for Validation in the sidebar.  There should be a menu under Campaign Members.  If you can't find the relevant rule there, then you'll want to look under the menu for Campaigns, Leads and Contacts as well.

Anna_Blanchet1
Level 4

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much for the insight! Sure enough, there is a rule in SFDC restricting campaign member access for the Marketo profile. I'm working with the SFDC Admin to get this rule deactivated.

Thanks again!

Anna

Anonymous
Not applicable

We used to get that error quite a bit due to the visibility rules we had set up for the Marketo integration.