Marketo metrics definitions?

Marie_Gentile
Level 1

Marketo metrics definitions?

Am I the only one having a super difficult time finding an actual written definition of how Marketo calculates its metrics? Not looking for anything technical, just wondering if CTR is *unique* CTR or not. Is there a key somewhere? Is this CTR definition accurate for Marketo: Total number of clicks not including multiple clicks on the same link by the same recipient / total number of recipients?

4 REPLIES 4
J_Grant_Gray
Level 4

Re: Marketo metrics definitions?

Without knowing what report or dashboard you are referring it's difficult to answer the question.

If you hover over the Clicked Email, it says: People who clicked at least one link in this email. That is unique ctr.

pastedImage_2.png

other reference for email are in the docs:

Email Link Performance Report - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Marie_Gentile
Level 1

Hi J,

I'm looking at the performance dashboard - bottom right percentage (16.7%). My question is if this percentage is:

1. Total number of clicks, including multiple clicks on the same link by the same recipient / total sent

or

2. Total number of clicks not including multiple clicks on the same link by the same recipient / total sent

or

3. Total number of recipients who clicked on at least one link in your email / total sent

pastedImage_0.png

J_Grant_Gray
Level 4

Marie_Gentile
Level 1

Hi J,

We've known description #3 as click-to-open rate. Can you explain how Marketo calculates click to open rate then? Or even better, is there somewhere I can just find a definition of all the metrics on the performance dashboard?