SOLVED

Re: Marketo internal update suggestions?

Go to solution
mk
Level 2
Level 2

Marketo internal update suggestions?

Hi there,

My company has been working inside of marketo for about 6 months now and we have finally got the basics built out and mastered them. However, we are wondering what the next steps should be in order to get past just a baseline level of using the program. We have built and tokenized templates for each of our program and email types, are running our first nurture stream, and we typically run a webinar each week. We've also worked on documentation for each of these processes... What are some things that you more experienced users have come across and wish you'd implemented sooner? Or ways that you have revamped what you initially implemented?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi MK,

Are your programs aligned to the right channels and "success" steps well defined? What is your reporting like? Reporting can help you find areas for improvement, or you might notice you don't have the pieces/data you need to tell what's working well in your instance (or not). That would be a good place to start.

You might consider starting to work on centralized operational programs to help create more alignment between marketing & sales and/or to help with attribution. Some examples could be:

A few years back my Marketo CSM shared a "marketing maturity curve" diagram with different competencies and stages to help you grow in your use of Marketo; you might want want to reach out to your CSM and see if they have an updated version.

- Beth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi MK,

Are your programs aligned to the right channels and "success" steps well defined? What is your reporting like? Reporting can help you find areas for improvement, or you might notice you don't have the pieces/data you need to tell what's working well in your instance (or not). That would be a good place to start.

You might consider starting to work on centralized operational programs to help create more alignment between marketing & sales and/or to help with attribution. Some examples could be:

A few years back my Marketo CSM shared a "marketing maturity curve" diagram with different competencies and stages to help you grow in your use of Marketo; you might want want to reach out to your CSM and see if they have an updated version.

- Beth

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi MK,

I recognize the point you and the team are at. You are doing what you did in the new platform and that took some effort to achieve and get comfortable with. But there must be more out there right?

@Beth_Massura 's suggestions are a set of really interesting topics to explore, but I always recommend to take a business perspective first and foremost. Organizing a use cases workshop with stakeholders from Marketing & Sales where you uncover all "Wouldn't it be great if we could..." ideas gives you a very rich backlog of possible campaigns to build. Generally the different stages of the buyer journey are a good way to structure the brainstorm process. The next step would be to explore what it takes to deliver those campaigns and prioritize your backlog based on effort / benefit.

Chances are you will find that for delivering on the group's ideas will require some of Beth's suggestions to be put in place.