Marketo form prefill functionality doesn't work on fields with a visibility rule

Jamie_Hunter
Level 3

Marketo form prefill functionality doesn't work on fields with a visibility rule

The Marketo form prefill functionality doesn't work on our form fields that enable a visibility rule. Is there any workaround for this or is it a consequence of using a visibility rule since one field displaying is dependent on a another field's value?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form prefill functionality doesn't work on fields with a visibility rule

That's known behavior. I'll post some JS later tonight that's the workaround.

SanfordWhiteman

Re: Marketo form prefill functionality doesn't work on fields with a visibility rule

Can you link to the specific form you're reproducing this with? I want to make sure we're on the same page about what does and doesn't work.

Jamie_Hunter
Level 3

Hi Sanford,

Here's the specific form: https://www.upwork.com/enterprise/resources/webinar/tips-crushing-content/

We have visibility rules set-up for company size and country, which we'd like to prefill if possible.

Thanks,

Jamie

SanfordWhiteman

OK. That's not Marketo form prefill running on that page, it looks like an (probably ill-advised) WordPress plugin trying to use the REST API.

This approach is doomed for reliability reasons, but in any case outside the realm of Forms JS API behavior (which does have some quirks, but not related to your situation).

Jamie_Hunter
Level 3

Thanks for the input. Does Marketo prefill work on a non Marketo LP such as WordPress? Perhaps that's why my dev team is relying on WordPress plugin?

SanfordWhiteman

Pre-Fill on a non-Marketo LP doesn't work out-of-box, but just needs this simple setup: Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.