Marketo email bounce functionality in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo email bounce functionality in SFDC

If I send an email campaign through Marketo and some of the emails bounce back, do anyone know of way to get them to show the email status in SFDC? I know if you use SFDC to do email campaigns and the email bounces, you will get notified, but as far as I can tell, the only way to get email status notifications is through the SFDC functionality or have the information piped in via the Sales Insight VF page?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo email bounce functionality in SFDC

Hi Nick,

You could build an new smart campaign/list or "autoresponder" for the email campaign that you sent and pull all the emails that bounced with the smart list  (email was X  = Bounced), then create a flow step to change a field in SFDC like "EmailStatus = bounced" or create an Activity to log the Task in SFDC as "email was bounced."

Rusty
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo email bounce functionality in SFDC

If a sales rep updates an email address in Salesforce that he sees has bounced, how would this new email address be treated in Marketo? Do we need to create a smart list to mark it as a valid or will the updated email address be automatically recognized?

Also, if the lead initally qualified for an engagement program, but bounced - how can we get that lead in the engagement program again to actually receive the emails?

Thanks!