Re: Marketo as a Retail Automation Platform

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo as a Retail Automation Platform

Hi All,

I have been working with Marketo for six months and have really enjoyed the experience. I have recently accepted a new role where one of the initiatives I will be undertaking is the implementation of MA. The company I am moving to have both sales and retail channels. I am confidant that Marketo is a powerful B2B tool although I can seem to find much documentation around automating retail/eCommerce.

I wanted a professional opinion from the community if Marketo has the capability to successfully deliver in the retail space. Functionality should include abandoned cart, suggested products etc.

I look forward to feedback and any personal experiences you may have had in this area.

Thanks

Matt

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you look at launchpoint, Marketo integrates with several ecommerce packages. They also have a B2C version that's a bit stripped down from what I hear.

So, Marketo is just a rules engine. You make it do what you want. So understand your requirements well before deciding. I've worked with a couple of firms that did ecommerce with Marketo and it does work, but you do have to plan it out, just like any other integration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh Hill,

looks like I have some investigation to do.

Have you ever worked with clients in Australia?

Veronica_Holme4

Hey Matthew - there's a bunch of Marketo service providers in Australia who can give you good advice on how to use Marketo effectively in the retail/e-commerce space. Let me know if you'd like me to make some introductions for you.

Veronica

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Matthew,

We have helped Marketo customers who are in e-commerce segment and using Magento, Shopify among others. We can continue our discussion on the same email thread.

Thanks and best of luck for the new role!

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Hi Alok Ramsisaria,

We have a website on shopify platform, and we are planning to integrate with Marketo. If you have any documentation on the concept or any link to helpful articles you can share that will be great. I understand this an old thread from 2016,  and I could be late here.

Lisa_Schurter__
Level 1

Hi @Alok_Ramsisaria, realise this is from 2016, but the Shopify<>Marketo conversation is still relevant!

I know we have multiple options

• vertify
  • zapier
  • custom integration via a partner (I've seen some reallllly cool, advanced stuff from Bluprint)
  • +++

Wondering if you can offer some input still? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Veronica Holmes,

​Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your offer, my mobile number is 0401806263 or my personal email address is varone.matthew@gmail.com.

​Thanks again.

Josh_Hill13

Hi Matthew,

I did once actually. I've worked with people on several continents. All the retail ones were in Europe or Asia.