Re: Marketo and Wix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo and Wix

Hi All,

My company recently decided to switch the marketing portion of our application over to Wix, so that our marketing team can make adjustments to our site with little to no interaction with our developers. While this is great for the company, I'm having some serious concerns as to how to get the Marketo Munchkin code on the Wix site. It seems to use iFrames, and I'm not entirely sure placing the code on the home page will work. Any advice on how to handle this would be great.

Thanks!

-Chris
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You will need to place the code somewhere in your template area of your CMS footer section.This will populate all over your site pages.
If you only need the munchkin code placed on certain pages of your site, you will need support from your Web Dev team to figure out the best solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward,

It looks like the only way to add HTML code to Wix though is through the use of an HTML application that embeds it within an iFrame. For whatever reason, I cannot access the source code the the site to just add it to the footer. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has had this problem thus far, as Wix is a pretty well known CMS tool.

Has anyone else had success with this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another potential option....

Users click on a portion of our Wix website to go straight to our application. This application is in .net and currently hosts our munchkin code. If we have all the elements of our wix website in the footer of our application, will the code populate to each of the marketing pages as well, even though the links are external from the app and are designed in Wix?

Sorry to keep updating this thread, it critical to our company that the munchkin code is performing as designed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scratch that...Developers just told me that the second option won't work.

Again, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

As far as I'm aware, the munchkin code can only work on public facing websites (i.e. not through a secure area).
I've added the munchkin code before to sevaeral CMS, not through the GUI of the CMS but to the actual HTML file stored in the hosting server.

You may need to reach out to Marketo support or your Market Custoemt Success manager to get support to help you  convince your web dev team.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris, did you ever get a fix for adding Munchkin code to your Wix site? We are considering Wix and will need to do the same...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fawn,

The easiest answer is unfortunately not. We invested a lot of time into Wix and it was VERY disappointing to find out it doesn't work. While you can place code on your Wix site, it utilizes iFrames for the code, which does not allow for the Munchkin code to work correctly. We still decided to go with Wix, since we invested the time in it, and due to the fact that we have an in-house application we developed that still utilizes Marketo (Wix is used mainly for our marketing site).

Depending on how important this is to you, you may want to look at other web tools that allow you to embed the Munchkin code directly (or have direct access to the code in the headers and footers of the website). With all of that being said, Wix is a pretty great platform. It's extremely easy to use and SUPER intuitive. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Chris, have you retested this recently?  I just put up a dummy WiX page (class3) and added an HTML block with Munchkin in it.  It is logging correctly.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

This would be new news to me. I know when I tried this (about 6 months ago), I couldn't get it to function. I reached out to both Wix and Marketo support on the matter and both said it would unlikely to function. I'll have to try placing it on our site and see how it works.

Did you just use the HTML/iFrame embed app?

Thanks,

Chris