Re: Marketo and Survey Monkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo and Survey Monkey

Is it possible to embed a survey Monkey into a Marketo email? Or do I have to create a link within the email to a landing page that holds the Survey Monkey. Also, does Marketo have Survey capabilites?
Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can add a link in the email to point to SurveyMonkey.

Marketo does not have any native survey capability. See launchpoint.marketo.com for any partners. What I've heard is you have to go to the third party.

Chris_Shaffer
Level 2

You can obtain the integration by going directly to survey monkey, the last time I checked it was running about $5k per year to enable all of the functionality on the SM side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can embed a SurveyMonkey form on a Marketo landing page if that helps or you can simply link to the survey hosted on SurveyMonkey. We also created a Marketo landing page to redirect the user to once they complete the survey.

What we do is:
1. Create a program to send emails with link to survey hosted on SurveyMonkey and set program status to Sent.
2. Create a program to see who has clicked the link and set the program status to Started.
3. Create a program to see who has visited the survey completion Marketo landing page and set the program status to Completed.

If mapping responses to recipients is important to you, you can create a custom variable in SurveyMonkey which is a hidden field that gets stored with the survey responses. You pass the custom variable (such as email address or ID) from your Marketo email link as a URL parameter. More info: http://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/What-are-custom-variables-and-how-do-I-use-them
Chris_Shaffer
Level 2

Additionally, you can take this approach one step further and use the Survey Monkey link structure and Marketo Tokens to prefill some answers (e.g. name and email address) if you so desire.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I work at Survicate, and I'd like to suggest you the alternative to Survey Monkey's questionnaires. Survicate is the all-in-one customer survey software, and it has direct integration with Marketo. It is also the official Marketo's LaunchPoint Partner.

It specializes in micro surveys which are perfect for running at different stages of a buyer's journey. It allows you to run surveys directly on your website (with targeted website surveys) or embed the first question in your emails (for example in Marketo). The answers are sent to your Marketo database in the real-time and saved as lead fields and lead activities.

This is the example of how NPS email surveys look in Marketo:

MarketoEmailNPS.png