SOLVED

Re: Marketo always win or the latest change wins?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo always win or the latest change wins?

Hi there,

I'm really grateful for all of your help!
I still have lots of questions and hope to hear answers again soon.

According to Cathal's answer in this article(http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pe3tAAC), both Salesforce and Marketo see timestamps of the last modified date of the lead and if timestampt date is later than the last sync, older data will be updated by newer one.

However, there're another rules here;
If the same field is updated both in Marketo and sf.com between a sync then:
If it is a lead, Marketo value wins
If it is a contact sf.com value wins

My scenario is that; I have imported leads exported from Salesforce to Marketo and didn't sync both systems. We''ve been running campaigns on Marketo for several months. Possibly there have been some updates on Salesforce as well.

Let's say Marketo has a newer Company name value updated on September 30 2013 and Salesforce has a new Phone number data updated on October 15 2013, will both system update the field with the newer data each other system have?

What about both has updated Company name value? Marketo always win or the latest change wins?

Could anyone help me understanding sync rules please?

Thank you so much for your time.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your situation dupes may now be created on the initial sync with SalesForce. Check with Support for the best approach.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue here is how Marketo was deployed...when both systems finnaly sync Marketo will write to Salesforce based on how you set it up in the admin tab "after" the innitial sync

Your issue is how to do an innitial sync with Salesforce months after the go-live  of Marketo when you have already created many dupes mannually down in Marketo of the Salesforce leads correct?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again Mark,

Thank you so much for help.

Your issue is how to do an innitial sync with Salesforce months after the go-live  of Marketo when you have already created many dupes mannually down in Marketo of the Salesforce leads correct?

Yes, exactly.
I would like to know if 
Marketo always win or the latest change wins.

Thank you,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your situation dupes may now be created on the initial sync with SalesForce. Check with Support for the best approach.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mark,

Thank you. I'll check it with support team.