Re: Marketo adding line breaks in emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo adding line breaks in emails

Hi everyone,

We recently have been having some trouble with email sends. Marketo is adding in line breaks after random words in the email, causing the email to look extremely funky to the recipient. The email looks normal in the preview and when I send a sample to myself, but was wondering if anyone is having a similar issue?

Thanks,

Ashley

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what browser\email client this is happening on?

We have  a deliverability module that helps with this problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure the browser, we have just found out from different leads replying to emails saying our emails look funky. We think this is a copy/paste issue from google docs, which includes additional html that we don't necessarily want? Has anyone experienced that before that you know of?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same issue - everything looks fine in preview and edit view, but the sample send has line breaks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes this can happen when you copy and paste from Word or an Email, as it pastes invisible HTML coding.

Best to copy and paste from a text file, or paste values only.

You can also go into the emails HTML (edit HTML under settings) and clean up any line <li> or page breaks <br> that most likely are the culprit. If you're new to HTML, each tag has a open and closing tag, so if you remove a open page break tag <br> you also have to remove the closing tage </br>.