SOLVED

Re: Marketo Tracking code

Go to solution
Margherita_Hero
Level 2

Marketo Tracking code

Hi all,

Do you think it will be possibile tracking, with Marketo code, the following information or I need to use analytics code?

• Performance per asset of each contact with scoring (time spent per prospect in each asset).
  • Single view of the performance of the individual assets.
  • Graphics with the statistics of the performance.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers 

Margherita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Time-on-page is not a feature of Munchkin and would require custom development to even be known to Marketo. Even if that part were developed, visualizations need to be done elsewhere (there's no facility to add graphical reports to the Marketo UI).

In all, this would be easier done with a different analytics library (and would always have to include 3rd-party libraries/services to some degree).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Time-on-page is not a feature of Munchkin and would require custom development to even be known to Marketo. Even if that part were developed, visualizations need to be done elsewhere (there's no facility to add graphical reports to the Marketo UI).

In all, this would be easier done with a different analytics library (and would always have to include 3rd-party libraries/services to some degree).

Margherita_Hero
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question for you.

If I have to track a mini website, can I put Munchkin code in HTML (this mini webpage is on a server outside of Marketo)?

The results of visited, link clicked and so on, could be visible in Marketo using for expample smart campaign?

We have tried to do this with this (test) LP https://expandidialcloud.com/OnChannel/wsdl/Marketo_Test.html​ and the smart campaign setting in this way:

pastedImage_4.png

but it does not work.

Do you have some suggestions?

Thanks for your support!

Margherita

SanfordWhiteman

The page is sending Visit Web Page events, so (assuming you have the right Munchkin ID) the problem isn't on the client side. 

Margherita_Hero
Level 2

Sorry,

I do not understand, what do you mean for "The page is sending Visit Web Page events" we do not see any results in the smart campagin, neither in the report we have tried to build.

Thanks

Margherita

SanfordWhiteman

The browser is sending the events. Thus you have plugged in the Munchkin code correctly on the LP.

pastedImage_0.png

The problem is either:

• you're using the wrong Munchkin ID (so logging to another instance)
  • you're trying to catch anonymous events
  • there is a technical issue with your instance

I suggest you send a link to this URL (not a sample email, but an actual Marketo email) to a test lead. That will make sure the lead's Munchkin session is associated.  Then view that lead's Activity Log.

In general one should always start with an existing Activity Log entry when building triggers.