Re: Marketo Template Developers - Local build tool

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Template Developers - Local build tool

Marketo Guided Template Builder - Chrome Web Store

When building Marketo Guided Templates, you can build them locally and make use of Marketo's meta tag commands. Now you don't need to insert the template into Marketo to test it. This should speed up template building a bit.

This tool when activated will parse your template file, take the meta tags and switch out the values. Rendering your template correctly as your users will see. This will allow you to test and build your templates while still using the templating meta tags correctly but without the headache of uploading the file and going to the URL.

I have recently moved from Marketing to Engineering. If the value and request is high enough, I will update the extension to allow for input values to be through the browser allowing for another level of live interactions and development without having to go into Marketo. This will easily speed up all template building.

3 REPLIES 3
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hey Jonathan,

This looks pretty nice! Played around with it a bit on a few templates I had saved locally—I know you're not saying here that you support emails as well, but there is at least partial support (it seems to have issues with global color variables there.)

From a development point of view I'd be a little more interested in capturing module/editable area issues than having the ability to alter input values, especially when converting items from non-Marketo setups to Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I debated on building that into but considering the tool is mainly meant for developers, I figured it would be just as simple for them to edit it in the HTML file.

If Marketo wanted to throw some money at this. I would absolutely build all of the template features and behaviors for email and landing pages into the extension in order to develop out side of Marketo.

Angel_Ordax
Level 2

I just found this! After more than 3 years developing locally all my Marketo assets finally I see some light at the end of the tunnel! I wish Marketo was way more dev. friendly and it's a bit of a shame that such a useful tool is coming from outside Marketo but at least it's there.

A trillion thanks again! I'm still waiting for the day uploading HTML and CSS to marketo will be available through GIT (dreaming is free).