SOLVED

Marketo Survey Options

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Survey Options

That's why I wrote the third paragraph in my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Thanks for you help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman​ - what would you suggest to capture survey response history? Would I need to create a history field for each of the custom fields/questions in my survey? Or, is there a way to capture the responses and post as a string to just one history field? Many thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can capture all responses to a given survey instance to a single JSON field, and keep a history of that field.  This method is the easiest to scale to multiple surveys, but is the least searchable within Marketo (but can be searched in SFDC, where JSON is a recognized datatype, or using... I daresay... FlowBoost)..

Or you can can capture survey responses to individual fields and ​also ​assemble one combined "survey object" field on the browser side, then keep a history of the combined field.

Or (this would be my least preferred option) you can capture to individual fields and assemble the "survey object" field all in a Marketo flow.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

The Survey Monkey integration seemed expensive when I heard about it briefly.

But it does write directly to the activity record, which means you can automate based on a particular response. Ie, "how satisfied were you?".

At my previous company, we used Qualtrics, which was very highly regarded by my colleague.

Tim_Madel1
Level 4

SurveyMonkey's integration seemed expensive to me as well.

Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

Bump.

For anyone who was paying attention to this old thread from April, our Product Team just upgraded the SurveyMonkey integration.  You can now map your survey answers directly to Marketo fields, eliminating the need to create Smart Campaigns to push values over.  Anyone with Version 1 was automatically upgraded the new and improved edition.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

Question - is it still really expensive? That seems to be the biggest drawback...

thanks!

Courtney_McAra4
Level 4

It's not expensive - especially when compared to the six figures that a lot of us pay for Marketo and our CRM databases!  But I do realize that the term "expensive" is very subjective when it comes to marketing budgets. It does depend on a few factors (use case and the type of SurveyMonkey account you currently have) but is typically under $10K.  Let me know if you want to chat "marketer-to-marketer" and hash out any questions.