Re: Marketo Summit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Summit

I've just started using Marketo.  Is it a good idea to go to the Marketing Summit so soon or should I wait until I have a little more experience under my belt?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Summit is a great idea for new users as there are many sessions on best practices and that give insight on how to become a better user/overall help your organization. Once you have a bit more experience in the next couple months, you'll be able to understand which sessions will be of most interest to you and what you'd like to learn more about. 
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Marciela,

I had been using Marketo for just under a year when I first went to Summit last year.  There was a variety of sessions last year, so you could definitely find something to attend that won't be too overwhelming as a new user.  There's also Marketo University that is held one day before Summit that teaches some of the basic techniques and skills you need to know. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend going to the Summit. One thing I love about Marketo is the community. You will have an opportunity to meet Marketo Champions, Experts and active community members. You can also learn about launchpoint partners and other vendors that can be very valuable in your technology stack. 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

I was in your same shoes last year and I opted to only attend the Marketo University portion. I had a few years of experience with a competing MA product, so I was more in need of translating what I already knew into Marketo-speak, and the university did help with that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Summit is a great place to not only learn about Marketo but learn from others that are experiencing the same challenges you are facing.  Novice or expert, I recommend going.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give my perspective as an employee. I joined Marketo in February this year, and then attended Summit in April. For me, it was inspirational to hear about all the new ways Marketo users leverage the platform to power their marketing organizations. Another great thing was meeting all the partners that integrate with Marketo, which can help you increase the value you get out of Marketo. Hope to see you there!
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I'd highly recommend attending Summit, including University!