SOLVED

Re: Marketo Smart Campaigns <> Salesforce Campaigns.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Smart Campaigns <> Salesforce Campaigns.

Hi All,

I have a LP(with a marketo form[Name - Test] in it to capture leads) with URL parameters, namely umt_source and utm_medium which are being stored in Marketo.

For a particular program, say utm_source=Google and utm_medium = cpc, I have a smart campaign in Marketo that tracks the leads which come in through this channel.

Smart List Rule :: Trigger - Fills a form where Form is Test

Filter   - utm_source is Google

AND

utm_meidum is cpc.

I have tested this smart campaign and I am able to track the leads which use this LP.

Now upon creating this campaign in Marketo, I want a campaign to be created in the synced Salesforce instance to which Marketo pushes the leads along with the utm_source = Google and utm_medium = cpc field values for further processing.

How do you people suggest I set my Flow Rule in this campaign to achieve the same ?

Thanks a lot for your guidance !

-Prabash Rath.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Prabash,

1. Create your dedicated campaign ins SFDC
  2. Add an "add to SFDC Campaign" flow step in your Marketo campaign.

Reminder : SFDC campaign and Marketo campaign do not have a similar signification. SFDC campaigns are in fact similar to Marketo programs (a container with some statuses that is very useful for reporting), while Marketo campaigns are closer to the notion of workflows.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Prabash,

1. Create your dedicated campaign ins SFDC
  2. Add an "add to SFDC Campaign" flow step in your Marketo campaign.

Reminder : SFDC campaign and Marketo campaign do not have a similar signification. SFDC campaigns are in fact similar to Marketo programs (a container with some statuses that is very useful for reporting), while Marketo campaigns are closer to the notion of workflows.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You will have to collect the UTMs as a hidden field on the lead record for this to work properly. Some leads may find their way to this page w/o the UTMs, so think about that case too.

Either sync the Program to the SFDC Campaign, OR do what Greg suggests. Do not do both, otherwise Marketo will create an error.

You cannot easily push the UTM value to the Member Campaign record unless you use additional coding in Marketo or apex in SFDC.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

In fact you can no longer do both program sync and use the add to SFDC campaign : AFAIK, "add to SFDC campaign" are simply ignored by Marketo for SFDC campaigns that are sync'ed with a program.

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

You are correct, you can't have both in a program so you should choose one. My personal recommendation is with the flow step and not the program level sync as the flow step gives you a lot more control, which is what Prabash seems to be want.

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Prabash,

I detailed a process in this post to capture the UTM codes on the Campaign Member object in SFDC:

https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/1063#comment-18114