Marketo Sky - Any Issues?

Mike_Burns1
Level 1

Marketo Sky - Any Issues?

Hi all,

When thinking about trying out the new marketo sky beta, my only concern was if there are any bugs that could corrupt our existing Marketo. Has anyone had anything of severe detriment occur?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Sky - Any Issues?

Hi Mike,

We've turned it on, I have experienced an error when building something in the new UI, and then switching back to the old, my instance appeared to time-out and I had to log back in.

Nothing major though.

A couple things to note:

- You can switch back and forth any time

- the beta program only let's you work in marketing activities, not in database or design studio

- webinars and events are not available yet in the new UI

So, it isn't really a full switch, in the way that migrating from email editor 1.0 to 2.0 was.

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

To be honest, I feel more comfortable using the old UI till all bugs will be fixed

Ronen Wasserman
Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

Mass actions for program assets - delete smart lists - didn't work for me.

I cloned a program that had very specific additional smart lists that we didn't need  - the option to mass delete these (unused) assets was greyed out.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Mike Burns,

Presently there are a lot of features for Marketo Sky that are still Work In Progress. So I do not foresee a full switch to Marketo Sky in the very near future. That being said, there are quite a lot of interesting features that you can benefit from by switching back and forth for now. Below is the link to a blog about Marketo Sky - New Features, Comparison and efficient use .

For the most part, I use Marketo Classic UI, but yes, a lot of features mentioned in the above blog, most certainly makes using Marketo Sky interesting and helpful. I do encounter bugs at times, but I am hoping Marketo is working on fixing those and they should be fixed by the time they plan a complete roll out of Sky when all the features are finalized.

Hope this helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

Hi Karan,

My name is not Mike Burns....and I sure hope Sky starts working soon

because it's so disappointing to start and action only to find that it's

not functioning or not syncing to the classic version at all.

Good luck with that,

Lynn

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:32 AM Karan Hari <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Lynn Ray Pardo​,

pastedImage_4.png- I understand that. But my above response was addressed to Mike Burns itself - pastedImage_1.png

And Yes, I agree. There are bugs in Marketo Sky presently. All our hopes are that they would be fixed soon!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Lynn Ray Pardo

Additionally, regarding the issue you faced,  in this video - Video Link : 2609 , I have used the mass action feature of Marketo Sky to approve and un- approve 4 emails, and activate & de-activate 4 triggered campaigns. It worked flawlessly and reflected real time in the classic UI as well. Additionally I also tried mass deleting assets in Sky (Not there in the Video). It worked flawlessly and changes were reflecting flawlessly in the classic UI as well.

I would recommend to getting in touch with support. It could be an instance specific issue.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari