Marketo - Salesforce Sync Issue "Required fields are missing: [Company]/n"

Highlighted
Level 2

Marketo - Salesforce Sync Issue "Required fields are missing: [Company]/n"

Hi folks,

I recently uncovered this error in our system, and haven't been able to figure out why it is occurring. I have checked our field mappings, but that seems fine. This error does not occur on every record, so I don't understand why it happens on some of them. I have manually updated some records by copy/pasting the Company from the Lead in Salesforce over to the Lead record in Marketo. Silly. Not sure how to fix this via a batch either.... Would love any tips or suggestions.

The error:

REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING: Required fields are missing: [Company]\n

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Marketo - Salesforce Sync Issue "Required fields are missing: [Company]/n"

Loren,

It is quite possible you are trying to sync over people in Marketo that do not have a Company Name on their record. If you create a person in Marketo, the company name is not required, but if you try to sync that person to SFDC, you will need to populate that field beforehand.

Highlighted
Level 7

You can set a default company name for empty values by going to Admin => Salesforce => Edit sync options

pastedImage_0.png

Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks Jay and Devraj. We do have those settings on - screenshot below.

What I see often is that there's a Company entered in Salesforce but it doesn't sync into Marketo.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 6.35.52 PM.png

Highlighted
Level 7

Are you saying your sales people are creating Account records and Lead/Contact records separately?

In that case a lead needs to be converted and added as a contact under the account record.

Highlighted
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

Are the records originating from SFDC or MKTO?

Highlighted

Good point Ashley, sales reps may not be entering company in some cases, it gets sync'd to marketo but can't sync back to SFDC.

Highlighted
Level 2

In these cases there is a Company value showing on the Lead record in Salesforce. So that's not the issue. Mostly these records are coming from Marketo - marketo form fills.