Re: Marketo-Salesforce PE API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo-Salesforce PE API

We have the Professional Edition of Salesforce and, although we followed the instructions provided by adding the new fields, one unexpected change on Jan 31st was the removal of the API that enabled data exchange between the two systems.  Apparently Salesforce has backed off of it's open architecture stance and only offers this for versions above Professional.  We've contacted them to allow us to reenable a SOAP API with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, any workarounds other than upgrading to the Enterprise Edition of Salesforce?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lynne,

Erica Harris had exactly the same story as you can read here: SFDC Professional Edition customers - sync change alert - please read!

It turned out that there is still what SFDC calls a one-way API is still available for a fee on the PE and is enough for Marketo to work. It seems that what they have put an end to is the availabilty of this API for free.

Anyway, thousands of third party products integrate with Marketo using the SOAP API and I strongly doubt that SFDC will force all the PE users to double their license costs...

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I will pursue my question on thread instead.  Looks like the conversation took place on Jan 6, well before the Jan 31st cut off.  Would be interested to see what happened with everyone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We experienced this yesterday.  SFDC Sync was cut off with both Marketo and a CSM application called Amity.  

This is the poorest example of customer service I have ever seen, both on the part of SFDC and Marketo.  Both knew this was coming, and neither made it clear to their customers or posted prominently on their website, even now.  We figured it out when the error messages started, tickets were opened, and links to community threads were found.   Still no straight answer from sales reps at either company. 

One or both of these software products will be cancelled at earliest opportunity.   Outrageous disregard for long time customers.  

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not saying Marketo did an exemplary job publicizing this -- criticism is warranted -- but they weren't warned about it. Salesforce is infinitely more responsible here IMO. I agree that they deserve to be dumped. Luckily none of our clients were on PE.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

+1 on Sanford on this.

FYI, in addition, SFDC policy is not the same in every geography. For instance, in Europe, the API on PE has never been provided for free. So no one is talking about interrupting at the moment...

-Greg