Marketo Salesforce Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Salesforce Integration

Marketo and Salesforce at our end is integrated. 

Marketo houses tons to data(including phone, email, title) for email campaigns. So everytime time we send out mailer using Marketo and someone click and registers for the event, that information get synced to Salesforce.  

On the other hand Salesforce is also being used by sales users to store the phone, email, titles of their contacts. Now let say some contact which exist in both systems (Marketo & Salesforce with different phone, title) is sent and email via Marketo who registers for the event. Marketo pushs this information in Salesforce. During this process Marketo overwrites the phone (entered by Sales team) in Salesforce with the phone number stored in Marketo

The sales team is upset as they loose valuable information. I tried the options mentioned below but none of them work. 

- Tried blocking phone field in Marketo - Result was no change
- Tried hiding the Salesforce phone field to Marketo API - Result was sync between Marketo and Salesforce fails
- Tried putting the validation rule in Salesforce with the below logic that if phone number already exist in Salesforce, Marketo should not be able to update phone filed -  Result was sync between Marketo and Salesforce fails

PRIORVALUE(Phone) <> NULL 

- Tried putting the validation rule in Salesforce with the below logic that if phone number already exist in Salesforce, Marketo should not be able to update phone filed -  Result was no change, the phone field was still getting updated

AND(
    NOT(ISNEW()),
    $User.Id = "MARKETO USER ACCOUNT ID",
    OR(
        AND(
            ISCHANGED(Phone),
            NOT(ISBLANK(PRIORVALUE(Phone)))

Can someone help me resolve this

Thanks,
Menaka
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Salesforce Integration

I would recommend mapping your Marketo fields to special "holding area" fields (we call them "self-service" fields) in SFDC.  Then the sales-qualified data (if you will) gets overwritten, but you also allow users to make self-service recommendations that a salesperson can verify before copying to the main record.