Re: Marketo Sales Insight sends Emails from SFDC current user

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Sales Insight sends Emails from SFDC current user

We want Sales Insight emails to be sent from the address we dictate in the email we approve. I came across this older thread : https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PLntAAG The suggestion Delinda gives is great, but has anyone done this?

Creating a campaign for every email we want to send is more work than publishing to Sales Insight. I can understand if it is only one message, but we have 7 for 15 different people. Support suggested that we update each user's email address to the one we want to send from for that user.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Joe, I feel like this can be accomplished using tokens in the from line, to avoid having to make 105 emails/campaigns... you'd probably only have to make 7.

Instead of updating everyone's email addresses like support suggested, could you create a custom field and populate that data value based on their current email address?

It sounds like what you're trying to do is send from an alias so doryv@xyz.com instead of dviscogliosi@xyz.com. If that's the case, I'd make the field something like "Lead Owner Alias Email" populate that with rules based on current email addresses, and then in the from line, I'd have the email come from {{lead.lead owner alias email}}.

Obviously, you'd also be using Delinda's idea of the campaign. 

This is probably connected to your other post, and my idea might not come across so well here.. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about what I'm trying to describe 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm picking up what you are putting down. This does have something to do with my other thread. As usual, I am trying to work though a "unique" situation.

In this case, the issue is that I am trying to send off doryv@ABC.com, instead of doryv@XYZ.com. The problem is that Sales insight automatically uses the email address of the SFDC user to send, which in this case is doryv@XYZ.com, even if I specify the address in the approved email with tokens, text or magic.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yea... gotta love the workarounds 🙂  So Delinda's idea would be required, but you'd also need to have the value of the alternate email stored in each record to avoid making a bazillion emails.